The Movie Star Natalie Wood’s Death Continues to Remain a Mystery; HBO’s Latest Documentary ‘ Natalie Wood: What Remains Behind’ Covers it

Natalie Woods is now more known for her mysterious death, than for her acting career. The HBO documentary ‘Natalie Wood: What Remains Behind’ is a torchlight to her personal life. Wood’s daughter, Natasha Gregson Wagner, tries to bring out the mystery behind the death of her mother through this series.

Gregson Wagner takes our attention to Wood’s true legacy through this documentary. She is one of the film’s producers, through whom the story is unfolding. Natalie had started her career as a child actress in the 1940s. She always brought extraordinary charm and fire to the screen.


In this documentary, Gregson Wagner conducts on-camera interviews with her two fathers. Actually, she was born to Wood and her second husband, Richard Gregson.

But Natasha was brought up by Robert Wagner, from the age of two. Robert Wagner was married to Wood from 1957 to 1962. Again in 1972, he remarried Wood and remained her husband until her death.

We can see two faces of Natalie Woods in What Remains Behind: The first face is that of a performer who makes not only beautiful performances but also is capable of controlling her image and is also ready to fight for her rights. The other face is of a protective mother, who always found quality time to spend with her family.

It is rumored that Woods was close with her co-actor Christopher Walken, which irritated Wagner. Only three people had seen Woods alive at last, and one among them is Wagner.

She got drowned in the Pacific Ocean, just off Santa Catalina Island at the age of 43.

She and Wagner had been on board their boat, The Splendour, the night before she died. Together with them were, actor Christopher Walken and the ship’s hired captain Dennis Davern.

The next day, her body was found floating on the water. But nobody could explain how she drowned.

It was considered that she died accidentally by falling off from the boat. But the case was reopened in 2011 by the Los Angeles County Sherriff’s Department.

Wagner was named a person of interest in 2018 because he was one who saw her at last.