Here is the comprehensive list of movies that you should binge watch as this year ends.
It’s not just a new year this time but a new decade altogether. It’s the time of the year when champagne toasts are made, glasses are clinked and confetti-filled countdowns begin a few minutes before midnight. However, if you are not the one to go out and attend the parties and plan on staying at home, you can enjoy your stay at home just as much by binge-watching our top 5 movies for the New Year eve.
- Sleepless in Seattle: The top movie in our list is the romantic tear-jerker from 1993 starring Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. Tom Hanks plays a single father whose wife had died recently and he is trying to cope up with the loss with his son. Meg Ryan who is in search of love finds her way to Tom Hanks.
- Harry Met Sally: Next movie in our list is again of Meg Ryan as Sally and Billy Crystal as Harry. The movie’s plot revolves around the age-old question, ‘Can a man & a woman be friends, without sex getting in the way?’ You’ll get the answer to it as the story culminates in an emotional moment at a New Year’s Eve party.
- The Pursuit of Happyness: The 2006 autobiographical starring Will Smith elucidates the tale about a man’s struggle for the pursuit of his happiness. He works hard relentlessly to make both ends meet for his 5-year-old son. It’s a movie to remember your struggle you undertook this year and be proud of your survival.
- New Year’s Eve: Suiting the mood, essence and occasion, this movie is the next perfect watch for the day. The movie employs the Love, following intertwined but independent stories of several on New Year’s Eve in New York. The pressures of the night crack the characters as they confront their issues with an unlikely but amiable companion.
- Waiting To Exhale: This movie boasts for an astounding cast which includes Whitney Houston and Angela Basset. It’s a tale of four black women. Interestingly, the timeline of the movie traces the story arcs of these four friends for a span of a year. It starts and culminates on the New Year’s Eve. So, it will be a perfect way for you to either end 2019 or begin 2020
Here are our top pics for the New Year Eve! Let us know your favourites.