iOS 17 AirDrop: Changes Galore!
The latest iOS 17 update offers new and exciting changes for iPhones and iPads. Among the numerous changes, the AirDrop feature has received a significant upgrade, making it one of the most anticipated features of this update. This article discusses the changes, benefits, and downsides of the new AirDrop feature and how to use it effectively.
What is AirDrop?
AirDrop is an Apple feature that enables users to share files between iPhones, iPads, and Macs. This feature utilizes Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technologies to securely share files without the need for any additional apps or software.
What are the changes in iOS 17 AirDrop?
The AirDrop feature has received several new changes with the iOS 17 update, including:
Do Not Disturb
The range of AirDrop has been extended, which means you can now share files even when not in close proximity to the target device. This is perfect for transfer of large files when you are not in the same room with the receiver.
Users can now toggle on “Do Not Disturb” mode while using AirDrop. This allows the user to continue with their activity without the interruption of incoming files notifications.
A new feature called “auto-transfer” allows the devices to transfer all files automatically without the need for user confirmation. This is an excellent feature for quick and easy transfer of files.
AirDrop now allows users to choose between 3 options when it comes to location sharing- “Everyone,” “Contacts Only,” or “No One.” This feature ensures privacy in crowded areas where there could be multiple Apple users.
Time-sensitive transfer allows users to quickly transfer files with live updates in real-time.
How to Use AirDrop in iOS 17
Using AirDrop in iOS 17 is easy. Simply follow these steps:
- Swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone or iPad to open the Control Center.
- Tap and hold the network section to open the AirDrop settings.
- Select who can share files with you by choosing from the options- “Everyone,” “Contacts Only,” or “No One.”
- Open the file that you want to share and tap the share icon
- Select the device you want to share the file with from the AirDrop list that appears.
- The recipient should accept the transfer, and voila! The file will start transferring.
The Pros of iOS 17 AirDrop
- Allows for faster, safer, and easier sharing of files.
- The new changes in iOS 17 AirDrop improve user experience, giving more control and flexibility
- The feature is still encrypted, which means files are still safe and secure.
The Cons of iOS 17 AirDrop
- The feature only works between iPhone, iPad, and Mac devices, meaning non-Apple users cannot utilize the feature.
- The feature can take up battery life and wireless data usage.
iOS 17 AirDrop offers users numerous changes to enhance the file-sharing experience. With these features, users can ensure they have the privacy, security, and control they need while sharing files. Be sure to update your iOS and start enjoying safer, faster, and easier file sharing experience.
1. How do I know if my device has been updated to iOS 17?
Go to “Settings,” “General, ” and “Software Update” on your iPhone or iPad. If an update to iOS17 is available, it will appear here.
2. Why is AirDrop not working on my iPhone?
Ensure that both devices have AirDrop on, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on and are within range of each other.
3. How fast can files transfer using iOS 17 AirDrop?
Sending files via AirDrop can happen in a matter of seconds or minutes, depending on the size of the file.
4. Can AirDrop be used outside Wi-Fi range?
No. Users must be in range of Wi-Fi for AirDrop to work.
5. Is airDrop secure?
Yes. Files sent via AirDrop are encrypted, which makes them secure.