A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself.
But, in a disastrous turn of affairs, a taste lick from his dog proven poisonous for a 63-year-old man, who died later taking an unusual disease from his pet’s saliva. As per news reports, the pet owner was permitted in the hospital after he accused of flu-like syndromes counting high fever and muscle pangs for three days.
The case inquiry is quoted in the European Journal of Case Reports in Internal Medicine. The man’s case got undoubtedly poor as he initiated facing adversity in breathing and matured painful ulcers on his face, grueling pain and uncharted blemishes on his legs. Moreover, he was recognized with severe toxemia as his organs began to fail and he suffered from brain damage.
Basically his skin started to rot away and his liver started closing down, prominently to a cardiac arrest. The cause behind this bloody infection was Capnocytophaga canimorsus, a type of bacteria that can be found in the animal saliva. This fatal bacteria can be circulated through bites, scratches or even licks of household cats and dogs.
While most people who come in reach with the Capnocytophaga, bacteria do not fall ill, one can never be too attentive. It is also ruinous in around 28 to 31 percent of cases. This is not a rare microbe; in fact, it’s a natural and active member of the gingival flora in cats and dogs all over the world. It is only disseminated to humans very barely, and then it is commonly spread by dog bites to immune-deficient or otherwise negotiated patients, such as alcoholics. In the weeks prior to his illness, his dog had only licked him. But in this case, it was ample.
Pet owners with flu-like symptoms shall immediately look for medical attention when their symptoms outstrip those of a simple viral infection, which in this case were severe dyspnoea (difficulty in breathing) and petechiae (a red rash caused by broken blood vessels) as the researchers draft in their case report.