Samba de Amigo: Party Central – Nintendo Switch Game
Samba de Amigo: Party Central is an upcoming rhythm action game that will be released exclusively for the Nintendo Switch in August 2022. Developed by Sonic Team and published by Sega, this game is heavily inspired by the classic rhythm game Samba de Amigo. The new game features a wide range of songs, including popular tracks from famous artists like Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, and Jonas Brothers. This article provides a comprehensive overview of the game, including its tracklist, gameplay, and features.
Overview: What is Samba de Amigo: Party Central?
Samba de Amigo: Party Central is a new rhythm game for Nintendo Switch that tasks players with shaking maracas to the beat of popular songs. It is the latest iteration of the classic rhythm game Samba de Amigo, which was originally released in 1999 and went on to become a cult hit. The new game features updated graphics, improved gameplay mechanics, and a variety of new songs to enjoy.
Release Date and Platforms
Samba de Amigo: Party Central is set to release exclusively on the Nintendo Switch on August 29th, 2022.
Samba de Amigo: Party Central features a tracklist of over 40 songs, including popular tracks from artists like Ariana Grande, Kesha, Nicki Minaj, and Carly Rae Jepsen, as well as some tracks from Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Forces. Some of the most notable songs on the tracklist include:
- “Break Free ft. Zedd” by Ariana Grande
- “I Really Like You” by Carly Rae Jepsen
- “Payback (feat. Icona Pop)” by Cheat Codes
- “Let You Go (feat. Kareen Lomax)” by Diplo & TSHA
- “I Will Survive (Eric Kupper Mix Extended)“ by Gloria Gaynor
- “I Love It” by Icona Pop
- “Centerfold’ by J Geils Band
- “Bang Bang“ by Jessie J, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj
- “Sucker” by Jonas Brothers
- ”TiK ToK“ by Kesha
- “Panama” by Matteo
- “Plastic Hearts” by Miley Cyrus
- “Celebrate” by Pitbull
- “The Cup of Life (La Copa de la Vida)“ by Ricky Martin
- “XS” by Rina Sawayama
- “Bom Bom” by Sam and the Womp
- “Azukita“ by Steve Aoki, Daddy Yankee, Play-N-Skillz & Elvis Crespo
- “Macarena (Cover)”
- “Fugue (classic)”
- “La Bamba (Cover)”
Gameplay and Features
In Samba de Amigo: Party Central, players hold the Joy-Con controllers in their hands and shake them to the rhythm of the music. With each shake, an in-game character shakes their maracas as well. The game also features a variety of mini-games and challenges to test players’ rhythm game skills.
- Customization – Players can customize their characters with unique costumes and accessories
- World Party Mode – Supports online gameplay with up to eight players
- DLC – Will include additional songs post-launch
- Digital Deluxe Edition – includes DLC tracks and costumes for Sonic and other SEGA franchises
SEGA and Sonic References
The musical game also adds in some nostalgia by including popular tracks from the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise. These tracks include “Escape From The City” from Sonic Adventure 2 and “Fist Bump” from Sonic Forces. There are also additional DLC tracks available to purchase that include “Open Your Heart” from Sonic Adventure, and “Reach for the Stars” from Sonic Colors: Ultimate.
Samba de Amigo: Party Central is a fun and colorful rhythm game that is sure to delight fans of the classic rhythm game genre. With its variety of songs, fun gameplay mechanics, and online multiplayer capabilities, this Switch-exclusive title is a great option for anyone looking for a lighthearted and entertaining rhythm game experience.
1. Will Samba de Amigo: Party Central release on other platforms?
No, Samba de Amigo: Party Central is exclusive to the Nintendo Switch platform.
2. How much does Samba de Amigo: Party Central cost?
The standard edition of Samba de Amigo: Party Central costs $39.99, while the Digital Deluxe Edition costs $49.99.
3. Can Samba de Amigo: Party Central be played with friends?
Yes, Samba de Amigo: Party Central features an online multiplayer mode that supports up to eight players.
4. Are DLC tracks included in the standard edition of Samba de Amigo: Party Central?
No, DLC tracks must be purchased separately or obtained through the Digital Deluxe Edition of the game.
5. Is Samba de Amigo: Party Central appropriate for all ages?
Samba de Amigo: Party Central is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB and is suitable for players of all ages.