Father Brown Season 10: Everything You Need to Know
The crime-solving priest is back in action with the 10th season of the popular British detective drama, Father Brown. Based on the short stories of G.K. Chesterton, the show has garnered a dedicated fanbase for its cozy mysteries, lovable characters, and charming setting in the fictional village of Kembleford. Season 10 promises to deliver more of the same, with familiar faces returning and new mysteries to solve. Here’s everything you need to know about the latest season of Father Brown:
Release Date and Availability
When Does Season 10 Air?
Father Brown season 10 will start airing on BBC One on Friday 6th January 2023 at 1:45pm. Episodes will then air weekly on a Friday.
All 10 episodes will also be available on BBC iPlayer as soon as the first episode has aired. In the US, the season will air on BritBox beginning June 13th, with two new episodes each week.
Plot and Characters
Overview of the Season
The 10th season of Father Brown will once again see Mark Williams in the title role, with other fan-favorite characters such as Sgt. Goodfellow (John Burton), Lady Felicia Montague (Nancy Carroll), and M. Hercule Flambeau (John Light) returning as well. This season will feature ten new episodes, each with its own unique murder mystery to solve.
Plot Summaries of Each Episode
Here are brief summaries of each episode of Father Brown season 10:
- The Winds of Change: Father Brown discovers that a murderer is using Kembleford’s new model village to plan their attacks.
- The Company of Men: Lady Felicia makes an impromptu visit while Father Brown helps out a friend at an exclusive gentleman’s club.
- The Gardeners of Eden: A celebrity florist brings glamour and murder to Kembleford.
- The Beast of Wedlock: Father Brown’s past collides with the present when he investigates a missing person, a murder, and a mythical wild cat.
- The Hidden Man: Villain Hercule Flambeau has a strangely warm friendship with Father Brown. Chief Inspector Sullivan pays Father Brown a visit to warn him that Flambeau is on the run and wanted for a series of brutal murders.
- The Royal Visit: The visit of Princess Margaret is jeopardized when a school janitor is found murdered.
- The Show Must Go On: More drama off stage than on it for the Kembleford Players.
- The Sands of Time: A woman finds love at the home of a clock collector but has she fallen for a killer?
- The Wheels of Wrath: A group of bikers causes chaos in Kembleford.
- The Serpent Within: Sullivan’s dream of leaving the village is ruined when he’s arrested for receiving stolen goods.
Beware of spoilers! Three notable cast members have left Father Brown before the start of season 10:
- Sorcha Cusack as Mrs. McCarthy
- Jack Deam as Inspector Mallory
- Emer Kenny as Bunty Windermere
Claudie Blakley (Lark Rise to Candleford) has joined the cast as Mrs. Devine. Tom Chambers will return as Chief Inspector Sullivan with a potentially more substantial role.
Mark Williams as Father Brown
Mark Williams has been portraying the character of Father Brown since the show’s inception in 2013. Williams is best known for his roles in the Harry Potter films as Arthur Weasley, and in the popular British TV series The Fast Show. Despite his extensive resume, Williams has stated that playing Father Brown is one of his favorite roles to date.
Father Brown season 10 promises to be another entertaining season of cozy mysteries and lovable characters. With ten new episodes, viewers will have plenty of opportunities to solve the latest murders in Kembleford. While some cast members have departed, new ones have arrived to keep things fresh. Be sure to tune in to BBC One or BBC iPlayer to catch all the action starting on January 6th, 2023.
FAQs About Father Brown
1. How many seasons of Father Brown are there?
There are currently ten seasons of Father Brown.
2. Is Father Brown a mystery series?
Yes, Father Brown is a mystery series. It follows a Roman Catholic priest as he solves crimes in the fictional village of Kembleford.
3. Where is Father Brown filmed?
Father Brown is filmed in various locations throughout the Cotswolds region of England, including Blockley and Winchcombe.
4. What time period is Father Brown set in?
Father Brown is set in the 1950s, a time of rebuilding and caution in post-World War II England.
5. Are Father Brown episodes based on G.K. Chesterton’s stories?
Yes, Father Brown episodes are loosely based on the short stories of G.K. Chesterton. While not all episodes are direct adaptations, they draw inspiration from the original works.